Tuesday 4 June 2013

Game Poster

Final poster:

This screen grab shows a scanned in sketch of the planned layout of my poster. As you can see I didn't feel my planned layout needed much alteration as my final piece is pretty much just a rendered version of this sketch.

This screen grab shows my poster as it progressed. This should hopefully be a good scope on how my idea developed as I finished it. Without looking too hard you can see that at the very least I changed how the face looked in the colour and pattern of the eyes.

This image shows alterations I would make to the poster if given the time. I planned on making the whole poster wider in an attempt to make everything less central and make use of the rule of thirds.

Evaluation: 

On the whole I believe my poster came out alright. I made good use of all the tools photoshop has to offer. I intended to make poster that followed my cartoony style of animation and in doing so I unintentionally stumbled upon a method for outlining objects which I plan on using in future works.

I like how the poster conveys a sense of chaos in that there are explosions, smoke and craters throughout the scene. I also like how my use of many low opacity layers give aspects of the planet and mushroom cloud a certain depth.

In future I would slightly alter the poster in that I feel it's very central and as a result the mushroom cloud could be confused for some form of hat. I also believe the logo could look a bit flat due to the two tone aspect of it. To fix this I could add a simple shadow below the logo to make it look more three dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment